Neither giving nor receiving care is easy

By Jonathon Acton -

Neither giving nor receiving care is easy. Home Instead puts relationships first to support those giving care, to protect the dignity of those receiving care, and to enhance the quality of life for both seniors and their families in every caregiving experience.

If your family recognises the value of ageing in place at home as we do, you’ve come to the right place.

Home Instead CAREGivers provide compassionate and reliable home care services to help keep seniors safe and independent wherever they call home.

Types of Care

From personal care services to helping out around the house, our local Home Instead offices offer a broad range of services that can be tailored to meet your family’s unique needs and preferences.

While the tasks of each service might differ, the goal for all types of care remains the same: to enhance the lives of seniors and their families.

Experienced Care

Home Instead Senior Care has over two decades of experience caring for seniors and their families.

In that time, Home Instead Senior Care has developed extensive training programmes, built on research and experience, so CAREGivers are prepared to provide the highest quality of care - the kind of care we would want for our own parents, spouse or grandparents.

We understand that deciding to use outside help requires a lot of trust and humility, so Home Instead Senior Care is committed to not just capable care, but compassionate care.

Tax Relief explained

How does it work?

If you require home care our dedicated team will support you every step of the way:

Home Instead Senior Care’s Home Care Manager will talk you through the process during a free Care Consultation

Tax relief can be claimed by the bill payer at their marginal rate of tax (either 20% or 40%)

You simply fill out a form called the HK1 ‘Claim for an Allowance for Employing a Carer’.

This form is attached to the IT47 ‘Employed person taking care of an Incapacitated Individual’ form which is sent to the inspector of taxes in your local area.

The team will support you through the whole process

Then you can claim tax relief at the end of the year, or indeed monthly through your pay,so you don’t have to wait until the end of the year

For example, your husband or wife’s pay, your brother or sister’s pay, your son or daughter’s pay or your son-in-law or daughter-in-law’s pay.

You simply put the bill for your care in their name and then they can claim the cash back through their salary.

Home Instead will guide you through the whole process so there is no need to worry.

How do I apply for tax relief?

To apply for tax relief, please review the IT 47 Leaflet entitled, Employed Person Taking Care of an Incapacitated Person, and then complete the HK1 Form.

This form allows you to claim a tax allowance if you are caring for a relative or spouse who is deemed incapacitated due to physical or mental infirmity.

A relative includes a relation by marriage and a person in respect of whom the claimant is or was the legal guardian.

Home Instead Senior Care, Marlinstown Office Park, Mullingar - 044 9385260

More from this Topic