Teagasc recommence a nationwide series of forestry advisory clinics in October to facilitate as many farmers and other landowners as possible.
The Forestry Programme offers landowners many options in relation to forest establishment with a range of attractive grants and annual premium categories available.
A land use change to forestry, like any new farm enterprise, will raise many questions.
A consultation with your Teagasc forestry adviser will provide independent and objective advice, empowering you to make informed decisions on many relevant issues including the following:
• Opportunities for farmers and other landowners under the Forestry Programme 2014-2020
• Available grants and premiums
• Interaction with other farm schemes, e.g. BPS, GLAS, etc.
• How forestry can improve farm income and the environment
• How to apply and get the job done right first time.
The forestry programme also offers landowners who are not farming the opportunity to avail of the same planting premiums as farmers.
Booking of a one-to-one forestry consultation with the local Teagasc office is essential. Have maps and other relevant information on the day to optimise the advisory experience and outcome.
The local event will be held in the Teagasc office in Mullingar on Monday 16 October (10am-4pm): contact the office on 044 9340721.