The National Lottery today confirmed it has been contacted by the winner of last Friday’s €29 million EuroMillions jackpot.
The contact came after a weekend of speculation as to who the winner of the life-changing amount is.
This is the 11th win in Ireland of the EuroMillions jackpot since it started in 2004, and brings to over €1 billion the amount in Irish EuroMillions winnings.
A National Lottery spokesperson confirmed that contact has been made by the winner, but no other details will be revealed at this stage, including the location of the winning shop.
“We want to give the winner time and space to make arrangements and to let the news sink in. The name of the winning shop will be made known in the next day or so.”
“This is an incredible amount of money to win and we are delighted to have another winner of EuroMillions in Ireland.”
The National Lottery was established 30 years ago to support Good Causes all over Ireland.
The total amount raised in the last 30 years in Good Causes now stands at €4.9 billion.
Apart from the big EuroMillions prizes on average over 100,000 EuroMillions players in Ireland win cash prizes each week.
The most recent Irish EuroMillions Jackpot winner was a Dublin work syndicate who shared a gigantic €88.5 million jackpot in January 2017.
Here is the roll call of the lucky ten Irish EuroMillions winners to date:
1. July 2005: Dolores McNamara from Limerick, was Ireland’s first and biggest EuroMillions winner scooping over €115 million.
2. July 2008: A lucky ticket bought in Carrick-on-Suir in Co. Tipperary won a player €15 million jackpot.
3. June 2009: A family syndicate shared the jackpot with a British winner, taking home over €29.4 million.
4. June 2013: A winning ticket sold in Beaumount, Dublin, shared a jackpot worth over €93 million.
5. September 2013: A young man from the South East shared a jackpot of over €25 million with a player in Spain, taking home over €12.8 million.
6. April 2014: A jackpot prize worth €15 million was claimed on a ticket sold in Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
7. September 2014: An €86.7 million jackpot was won by a syndicate from Dublin (private). The ticket was sold in Centra, Ballybrack, Co. Dublin.
8. January 2016: A syndicate of friends won over €66 million, splitting the jackpot of €132,376,632. The ticket was sold in Eason’s store, Fairgreen Shopping Centre, Carlow.
9. July 2016: 22 colleagues from Dublin Bus won the €23.8 million The ticket was sold in O’Hanlon’s Portarlington.
10. January 2017: A Dublin work syndicate claimed the €88.5 million EuroMillions jackpot. The winning ticket was sold at the Applegreen Service Station on the M1 Northbound in Lusk, Co. Dublin.